Through the years, I’ve had the pleasure to meet many ghosts. Here are a few:
- Ovid introduced me to the shades in the underworld, or Hades, in The Odyssey.
- William Shakespeare furthered my acquaintance with ghosts by introducing me to Hamlet’s father in Hamlet.
- Emily Bronte shared Catherine Earnshaw with me in Wuthering Heights.
- Charles Dickens led me to Marley, the Ghost of the Past, the Ghost of the Present, and the Ghost of the future in A Christmas Carol.
- Oscar Wilde widened my circle of friends with The Canterville Ghost.
- Henry James tried to introduce me to somebody in The Turn of the Screw, but I didn’t quite meet that person. Shame on you James.
- I’ve met the hitchhikers in The Haunted Mansion.
- I’ve had the good fortune to meet many departed souls through popular mystery fiction.
- I’ve seen many orbs, but they’re just passing strangers (maybe).
I’m eager to meet many more–in literature (I really want to meet the ghosts that Violet Hunt knows) and in person. 🙂